John 10:27-28 says” My sheep hear my voice and I know them, and they follow me. And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
For years I have heard people say that we all are God’s children, and yes that is so true. He created each and every one of us. And so I got to thinking about this, if we are all God’s children then “why don’t everyone follow God? After searching the scriptures I saw that God talks about the reason why. See what I neglected to see was that just because God created us all, not everyone was going to follow Him. Those who have purposed in his or her heart are called “a child of God; for John points it out to us in this scripture the word sheep is talking about the children of God not the ones who don’t follow God.
In our society today with all the different gods that man serves from Muslims to Buddha, Atheist to New Age, and spirituality they will be the first to say that God created them, and they are right God sure did create every man woman and child. But these same religious groups don’t follow the word of God. So the questions becomes why don’t you follow Jesus Christ? Why do you call yourself a child of God when you are not a child of God. Jesus says those who pick up their cross and follow me are my disciples, which means they are a child of God.
Here are a few verses that speaks about those who are called a child of God. I know that some of you who read this post will not agree with it and some will agree. Some of you will have a hard time believing this. I ask you to pray about this and ask the Lord Jesus to help you with these verses.
- But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, (John 1:12)
- For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. (Galatians 3:26)
- Once you were not a people, but now you are God’s people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy. (1 Peter 2:10)
- And if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him. (Romans 8:17)
- Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
In a nut shell it means this, if you are not saved, born again then you are not a Child of God…I know it might sound harsh to you but it is the truth. God created you and He loves you so much, but God will not force no one to accept His Son Jesus into their hearts.